Neck hurts into ear, difficult to swallow, no swelling or discoloration. Severe damage?

Hi I was recently in a pretty bad fight and got grabbed by the throat hard, now my neck hurts on the left side only and it hurts all the way up my neck and into my ear it also hurts when I swallow . Could there be severe damage to my neck or nerves ? there is no swelling or discoloring of the neck
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query

It seems there is soft tissue trauma because of the fight

If there is no history of bleeding you may try some remedy

You may apply ice and take an antiinflammatory tablets twice a day for 5 to 7 days

If in another 48-72 hours this does not respond you should consult your doctor

Hope this helps
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it
Get Well Soon