Neck has lump. Why sharp pains? Why dizziness?

hello. My name is Crystal. I have a quarter sized lump on the right back side of my neck that has been there for years. Recently I have been getting sharp pains that feel like they r coming from inside my head and the lump is causing it and it also makes me really dizzy. Can u please tell me what it could be cause I m really scared. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
From history it seems that you might got chronic enlarge lymph node in the neck and now some infection in surrounding area causing painful enlarge lymph node.
Consult your doctor and find out the source of infection.
Go for antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine course and you will be alright.
Ok and take care.

Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Vandana Khare's  Response
Hello Crystal!
welcome to HCM!
Lump on the right side of your neck as you said has been present on your neck for several years and has not given you any seems to be some reactive or chronic lymph node or a benign cyst.
Now its giving you pain and discomfort.Either that lump has got infected or its pressing some nerve in that area.My advice is visit a physician for a physical examination .Do get that lump investigated by a FNAC to find out the cause.hope this will help you!