Nausea, bloating everytime on eating, acid taste in mouth, gas and cramps in lower abdomen. Cure?

Every time I eat, I get a nausea feeling in my stomach. I also feel bloated like I can t lay on my stomach. I constantly feel like I am about to vomit , but in my mouth, it has an acid taste. I also have gas and slight cramps in my lower abdomen . I know this is a lot, but I am trying to give the details. If someone could help inform me of this problem that will be great.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
The symptoms suggestive of Gastro-esophageal reflux disease.It would be helpful if you provide some more information i.e your age,sex,weight,height,profession,dietary habits,alcohol and smoking history. I advice you to consult a physician or a medical gastro-enterologist.
Meanwhile i advice you to follow the below instructions to manage your problem:
1.Sleeping with the head of the bed elevated by about 4-6 inches with blocks/pillows
2.Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol(if applicable)
3.Avoid consuming fatty foods,coffee,chocolate,mint,orange juice
4.Avoid ingesting large quantities of fluids with meals
5.Weight reduction and avoid laying on stomach
6.Acid reduction and neutralizing medications(by your consultant)

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer's  Response

Thanks for writing in.

Seems to be you are suffering from Acid peptic disease - gastritis / gastric ulcer / gastro-esophageal reflux disease.

Having meals at proper time, avoiding spicy foods, alcoholic beverages, smoking, avoiding over stress, avoiding excess pain-killer intake will help you alleviate the problem.

You might need to take a course of anti-ulcer drugs for say 2-3weeks, after consulting your doctor.

Get well soon,