My son has dry nostrils and had epistaxis. What is the cure ?

Hello Dr... My son has 'dry nostrils' and had epistaxis....been cauterized a couple of times. He's taking Zyrtec (for almost 5 yrs) due to Allergies; also on asthma meds, nothing serious. Question: where do I get some info on care plan for his case to manage the triggers (causing nosebleeds)...noticed that he had bouts of them after regular swimming in a public pool; could have resulted from sinus infection, but the EENT said, the trigger was more from cracked nasal veins? Hello Dr... My son has dry nostrils and had epistaxis....been cauterized a couple of times. He s taking Zyrtec (for almost 5 yrs) due to Allergies; also on asthma meds, nothing serious. Question: where do I get some info on care plan for his case to manage the triggers (causing nosebleeds)...noticed that he had bouts of them after regular swimming in a public pool; could have resulted from sinus infection, but the EENT said, the trigger was more from cracked nasal veins?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011