Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
Your son seems to be suffering from allergic rhinitis
. Please use zyrtec
only when it is required. Excessive use of Zyrtec will cause dryness of the nasal mucosa. Try using saline nasal drops 3-4 times everyday to keep the nose moist, also you can apply petroleum jelly over the inside part of the nose, only at the tip.
Few tips to prevent allergy:
1. Avoid expose to dust and smoke
2. Change the pillow covers everyday before going to sleep
3. Avoid sleeping directly under the fan
4. If using Air conditioner (AC), ensure the temperature is between 27-28 degree Celsius.
5. Get the filters of the AC cleaned at least once in a week.
6. Encourage the child to drink plenty of warm water, this will prevent drying of the nose.
Dr. Naveen Kumar