My shoulder was dislocation

I am 20 year old boy.My shoulder was dislocated before 2 months.I wear sling for 21 days.How many days will take to recover completely.?
And can i drive the car or bike?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
dear thanks for choosing health care magic.See when once your shoulder dislocates you should not do some movements for minimum 6 weeks.Depending the dislocation your doctor will put some restriction in movements.Better you be in contact with your doctor.Repeated sprain to damaged muscles will be lead to dislocation again so be careful.
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
it will tk normally six weeks to heel, but variation are thr depend upon condition.
main thing is that , u hv to do regular exercises to strenthen ur shoulder complex,
for that u hv to consult a physio, he/she will provide u the exercise protocol that u hv to follow for couple of months.
tk care

General & Family Physician Dr. Fatima Farhana's  Response
thank you for your question.
shoulder dislocation needs plenty of rest,several weeks even much more.don't raise your arm above 70 degree.sometimes avoiding combing is necessary.thereafter you need rehabilitating excercise ranging from gentle muscle tonning excercise to weight trainning.This help you preserving range of motion,strengthening muscle around the joint and preventing further dislocation.