My right knee has a popping sound and it is kind a out of place

knee pops everytime i straighten it, could it be cartilage problems? I m 18 and a basketballer, so i pretty much do lotsa jumping and running movements. But i also hit the gym, where I do squats with quite a heavy weight. Recently my right knee has a popping sound and feeling whenever i straighten it. It happens everytime i straighten it, not just once or twice in a while. Moreover, sometimes i feel that my knee is kinda out of place and after a while when i start walking and stuff there s a really large pop and i feel that it kinda moves back into place I ve been reading up on it, cuz my doc s appointment is 1 month away and i can t wait for that long. Could it be a wearing of the cartilage or a meniscus tear?? could someone please help me with this? my season is coming up and it is a very important season to me, your help would be greatly appreciated thank you : ) p.s. i m not sure if it is cartilage wear, cuz i don t feel any pain (at most very very very mild when i put weight on it) so if you think it s something else please do tell me! (: THANKS! (:
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011