My placenta lies low and is about to touch cervix

Hi, Doctor I am 23 weeks pregnant . Last week when I had ultrasound my doctor tell me that my placenta lies low and is about to touch cervix . Since then I am very tensed is there any possiblity that my placenta will go up. Dr has planned my next ultrasound in 32 weeks. Will it harm my baby. I work in a software development company and I am a quality control Engineer. I am continuing my job. Please suggest me with the precaution to be taken.
Asked On : Mon, 24 May 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Welcome to Healthcare Magic ...
Yeah placenta does move up to some extent with progressing weeks of pregnancy.
So repeat ultrasound by 32 weeks would be more informative in diagnosing placenta previa. In case u have placenta previs , u need to take few precautions -
1) depending on the degree of placenta previa u may need to get a cesarian section done to deliver your baby.
2)u have more chances of bleeding near term , so need to be more cautious and have adequate bed rest and avoit more jolts and heavy labour.
3) Get in touch with an obstretecian and plan for your delivery , better before onset of labour.
Hope i was helpful.