My mother in law had a stroke 2 weeks ago. She is still pretty out of it. Does this sound normal ?

My mother in law had a stroke 2 weeks ago. She is still pretty out of it. Does this sound normal ? Somedays she will node yea or no, but she mostly sleeps all the time. Anyone who has had the same thing happen or know someone will greatly help me out!!!
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
hi, I had a stroke 2 yrs. ago at the age of 37. It took me 6 months of physical and occupational therapy and a full year to regain the strength in my right side. Sleeping is normal. I did that alot since it took me a while to complete 1 simple task. Encourage her once her MD clears it, to not give up with the therapies as it does take alot of time and patience. Seek out a support group for stroke victims via the american heart association. That is what I did. I cld their number and asked for someone who lived near me to give me a call to answer my questions. That really made a difference in my recovery as well. To meet a person close to my age who suffered from a stroke plus I attended some of the educational meetings and learned alot ranging from driving again to exercises and diet. My husband went with me seeing as he was taking care of me & seeing to it that I got all the help I needed. I am doing much better now but I couldn't have done it without the support from my husband, family, friends, and American Heart Association.