My irregular heartbeat is not being caused by my heart or its electrical system ?

My doctors tell me that my irregular heartbeat is not being caused by my heart or its electrical system ? A little over a month ago I had a caffeine induced tachycardia and had been awake for a little over 48hrs. I have been put through tons of testing and they can t figure out why my resting and active heart rates are irregular and faster than they were before. They told me that my sinus node is functioning properly and that something else is making my heart beat fast. I cut myself of all stimulants and changed my diet and a host of other things and have had only minimal improvement. Before this happened I was a perfectly healthy 26 year old man. Now I feel like I am 80 with this heart rate symptom. Could I have triggered an imbalance of my nervous system that is causing this or are my doctors just blowing me off because I am young and my resting heart rate is still in the normal range Example: My resting heart rate before this was 55-60, now it is 75-80. So, do you think I damaged my SA or AV nodes or messed up my nervous system with my stupid caffeine/no sleep bender? I already went to a cardiologist, had several EKG s, echocardiogram , CT scan , Holter Monitor. The Cardiologist agreed that my heart is beating faster than it was before, but said that something else is causing it. Possible nervous system dysfunction? Developed a hypersensitivty to adrenaline? I have all the symptoms of Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome, but was told from the echocardiogram that I don t have a prolapsed mitral valve. This started on Jan. 5th and I had taken in roughly 2000mg of caffeine in a 16 hr period. Heart was pounding, got scared, pounded harder (200+ beats/min), went to ER. Been going through the mill on this ever since. Other symptoms I ve had include weight loss, periods of hypertension, periods of exhaustion, cold hands and feet, loss of apetite and thirst. They already checked my thyroid and told me that was fine. There are times when my heart will beat normally for a little while without the irregularity, but then it always returns. Hope this clears up the situation for you guys. Any other ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009