My inner thighs are black, can anything be done about it ?

hello, My inner thighs are black in colour. They have been like this for 5 yrs skin colour is fair. I Am unmarried. I just wanted to to know can anything be done about it ? I have never consulted a dr. because I thought it can never be cured now. please help. My age is 25. weight 45 kg . height is 5 feet. I am not diabetic n have no other ailment.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Aug 2011

welcome to healthcare magic forum
you need not to worry as it is very common and known as intertrigo .
it is due to friction ,perspiration
better to consult dermatologist
apply antifungal -steroid combination cream twice a day
keep it dry and clean
wear loose and cotton cloths

i hope i answered your question
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You can use kojic acid cream and soap for black coloration of inner thigh.
Apply little quantity for first time, if there is no irritation you can continue.
Keep that part dry and clean.
Ok and bye.
Visit a good Dermatologist, specially a cosmetic laser surgeon.Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Care
Hello and welcome to HCM,
It could be just inocouos pigmentation without any cause. Best thing is to clean and dry and apply emollients like Nivea cream which keeps it healthy in summer. Talcom powder is also good. Thanks