My husband noticed blood in his stool

my husband fell a few days ago now he has noticed blood in his and black
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jan 2010
hi,thanks for query.Presence of red blood indicates that is a fresh blood and it must be coming from some local source like piles or due to injury.Please look for any pain while passing stool or bruning which can help to give some more clue.Normally bleeding after injury should be immediate,still to have proper idea ask to him visit a doctor and get himself examined.Ask him to avoid straining at stool and avoid fried foods.
wishing him good health.

Anonymous's Response

Hi.. He may have to be evaluated for presence of gut bleeding.. You may have to take him to the ER for evaluation..