My husband has a resting pulse rate of 94

My husband has a resting pulse rate of 94. I know this is high but was wondering what happens with a high rate.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
With a high rate the heart can not pump efficiently. Are you sure that is a resting rate? That is very high for a resting rate without anything pathological going on. EDIT: Yes, the "normal range" is 60-100, however 94 is still considered high for a resting rate and warrants further examination. What is his rate with exercise? Is he overweight or have health problems or is he relatively healthy? Has his pulse rate always been in the 90's or has it changed over the years? IF his high resting rate is a new developement, then there could be an underlying disease process going on. IF he has always had a "high-normal" resting rate then don't worry about it, his heart is pumping just fine.