My heart s trying to pump too hard

It s been feeling weird lately, like it s trying to pump too hard or something. I can feel it in my chest , it doesn t hurt but..idk how to describe it. pump pump pump PUMP PumP pump pump pump pump PUMP PUMP pumP pump pump pump then it will go back to normal, it s been doing this a lot lately. Last time I felt this was a few years ago. today it did that like 30 times. that s the most i ve felt it. oh and im 25 yrs old. wersells you are psychic, how do you know i ve been drinking Mt. Dew? lol I don t usuallly drink this much pop, that must be why. thanks guys.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
What you describe sounds like palpitations. Occassional palpitations are normal, everyone has them. Frequent palpitations, we look for underlying causes. Serious heart conditions are relatively rare in your age group if you have no history of them. Possible causes: Look first at the amount of stimulants in you diet. Caffeine is a biggie. Coffee, Mt. Dew, Colas, energy drinks all have caffeine or caffeine-like substances. Over the counter diet pills are also known to give people palpitations. If you cut-out any or all of these in your diet, your palpitations will probably go away. If you are still having them after several days off these substances, see your doctor.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.