My heart doctor was asking me personal questions, is this normal?

My heart doctor was asking me personal questions, is this normal? I went to aheart specialist because my internist reccomended it. He says tell me about yourself .. So I explain my medical conditions and symptons im having, he cuts me off and says No i want to know about your personal life, what do you do ? He asked me are you divorced ? I said no Im a widow, he says have any children ? I said yes 2, he says how old ? I say 20 and 22, he says are they successful , I say yes , he says oh so you live alone , I said no they live with me He gives me a puzzled look, and was waiting for more info then questions me about ever being in a hospital Is this normal?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009