My father has never acted like a mature man as per his age. Is it any mental disease?

hello sir, This is in reagrds to my Father who is in 50+ now. he has never acted like a mature man as per his age. He never feels like to do anything.Only he wants to eat alot n abuse if his expectations are not fulfilled in tearms of money or food.Earlier his treatment was started at AIIMS but my grandmother interrupted that saying he is not mad. Pls suggest if this is mental illness..can it be cured, if yes how.. i wud b very thankful to u..
Asked On : Mon, 26 Jul 2010