My face is darker than body. Had been using Skin Lite. Alternative cream?

Hello Sir,my skin complexion is wheatish but my face is more darker than my body,i have been using skin lite for 2 yrs and i have stopped using it since a week as i was told that the skin lite cream usage for along term may lead to cancer and so i was worried and now my face looks so dull and becoming darker day by day..can i use it atleast weekly once to restore the complexion and glow?if not could please recommend what else i should do for a fairer complexion..
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013