My daughter has Keloid on the ear, what is the treatment ?

My daughter is4.5 yrs old. She keloid on her ear lobe back side. One side is just size of small round may be pimple sized, How do i remove it
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Paddy,

Never attempt to get a keloid removed, the more you meddle with it, the more aggressive it becomes and recurs with a vengeance. Intralesional steroids have been tried and few have claimed success also. Please consult your ENT specialist.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
Please leave the keloid alone .If you try to excise it will come back bigger.Some times intra lesional injection of steroid do help to a certain extent.Second option is if you believe in & it is available you can try a homoeopathic medicines for keloid as they are safe & atleast won't do any harm.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
The best treatment for a keloid is intralesional injection of steroid...she might require multiple sessions of the same....don't go for any surgery for keloid as it can aggravate your problem...Usually keloid over such area is because of ear piercing ,so avoid piercing ..
take care,