My dad is having heart surgery, How risky a procedure is this ?

And I'm scared witless. How risky a procedure is this? I'm frustrated because I'm 3000 miles away (I'm a freshman in college) and I have no idea what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
My Mom had two heart surgeries in one day. Actually the same surgery, they had to repair and replace two of her cardiac valves. But fortunately I got to be there. Heart surgeries are getting better and better all the time. How risky? Depends on the health of your dad, the amount of prep time they have. Doctors and surgeons have to consider weight, body size, age, the operation it self, how serious is the condition. Lots of stuff. See if you can get the main information number for the hospital, and then get his room number and talk to the nurse who is taking care of him tomorrow as as soon as you can. I know people who went for 4 vessel by-pass surgery who were 85, pacemakers for the third time. heart transplants and live another 20 years. Hop this helps. e-mail me if you would more information, I'll pray for you and your father.