My dad had heart surgery. What is a good gift ?

I'm looking for something that will get him up and out of his chair. All he's done for the last three months is sit in his recliner. He's not doing his exercises the doctor recommended, he still gets winded just going to the restroom, and Father's Day is coming up. My brothers and I want to get him something, but nothing like a video series that will keep him in his chair. Know what I mean? I was thinking about a Wii with the Wii Fit, but when we visited and brought our Wii, he was disinterested. He has always enjoyed being outside doing stuff. He built a beautiful fire pit, a deck addition, and even (unseccessfully) tried his hand at building a greenhouse, all in recent years. He enjoys golfing and fishing, too, but he hasn't been since his surgery. Ideas appreciated. Many blessings!
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
I'd get him a herb garden kit (planters, seeds, etc..) and let him slowly start getting back into gardening and outdoors. My dad absolutely loves growing his tomatoes.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have described his other activities but not mentioned medical problem he is having,
is he has an orthopedic cause? why he is not coming out of chair? what type of surgery he had,
If you give detail of medical cause,we can give some clue.
Ok and bye.