My dad had a heart transplant. How long he can survive after this ?

My dad had a heart transplant when he was 36. He s now going on 46, and has his tenth heart anniversary is coming up on the 27th of October. One of his friends, a fellow transplantee, had been told by someone, You ll get 15 years and then it s over. I thought this was harsh and crazy, because my dad is fitter than anyone I know. He trains every week, has done 6 marathons, 8 triathalons and holds the world record of the fastest transplantee to run the marathon. Simply type into google ernesto antonio transplant and there are links to all of his work. This september, he s going to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. I was just wondering.. despite all this, will he still die in five years time with someone elses heart? I don t think he s ready, and I know he s going to die earlier than most, but 51 is too young and I don t want him to go by the time I m 20. I m so scared. Thank you in advance x
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009