My body cant heal internal scabs

I have a pretty deep one inch cut I got 2 days ago that seams to be healing fine and the swelling is going down. My GF is freaking out though because there is some blood that scabbed up under the skin and it looks dark red or purple. She says your body cant heal internal scabbs. my question is do I need to see a dr, and if so will they actually break open the cut to clean out the scab and then stitch it closed?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Hi , Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum.

Since its healing well no need of active intervention(stitching). As you have mentioned there is already a scab formation your body is responding in good manner.
Generally wounds takes 1-2 weeks time to heal.keep the wound clean .It will heal on its own.