My back and neck was stiff and I could not move. What is the treatment for this ?

It all came about, starting the 3rd week of March. I came home from a normal workday at Sears, took a bath, ate dinner, and went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to reposition myself to get comfortable. I screamed out in pain and was literally crying as I realized that my back and neck was stiff and I could not move. I laid there for a while, but I eventually went to sleep. I thought it would go away. In the morning I woke up to the same pain. It took me 3 hours to be able to get out of bed. Everything was hurting, every joint. My lower back, my neck, shoulders, wrists, knees, hips, ankles, even my fingers and toes. I was prescribed a different medication every time I went through the ER. Kaopectate, Valium, and Ibuprofen. Once I was referred to the Rheumatologists, I was prescribed Prednisone, and Plaquenil . The Prednisone and Plaquenil combination helped me very much. But I had to wean myself off of it because the doctor didn t want me to stay on it because of complications it caused. Till this very day, I am still in pain. When I wake up in the morning, when I sit for too long, when I carry and lift things, bend. Denisha R., Detroit, MI
Asked On : Wed, 15 Sep 2010