My baby grows only 170 grams in one month. Is it OK?

my baby is 1 month old .he is not growing. when he is born he is 2 kg. after 1 month he gain only 170 grams weight. what is the reason
Asked On : Wed, 14 Jul 2010
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, after 10 days of birth , weight lost 10 % of birth weight. after 10th day weight gaining starts. ideally baby gain 30mg per day. so upto one month weight be incresed 160gms, n your baby gain 170gms , so this is normal . there is nothing to worry.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello azeez;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The child immediately after birth loses 10% of its body weight in first few days and there after it starts gaining so in one month if your baby has gained 170 gms then presently there is no reason to worry as you also need to understand that even your baby was born small.Don't worry consult the Paediatrician and discuss with him.
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Kathirvel Rajan's  Response
Ur baby's wt gain in one month is not upto the mark.
Even if u substract the initial wt loss which occurs during the first 5-7 days, ur baby must have gained at least 500g by now.
Inadequate feeding, infection, hypothermia are the most common causes for this.
Do relevent tests for these.