My HIV test result is negative,is it reliability ?

Reliability of 8 week HIV test results ? my result is negative,is it reliability ?
Asked On : Tue, 3 May 2011
  Anonymous's Response
the window period is 3 months world wide and even 6 weeks is considered conclusive these days. I guess doc. you must have some literature or documents to prove yur thery of 4 months? please share the same with us. We'd really like to know about this newly formulated window period, which even CDC (the most conservative body) doesn't approve of.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Yes, the test is reliable but upto some extent only. You need to repeat this test after four months to be very sure that you are actually free from the infection.Card test and CD4 counts are considered more reliable for the diagnosis of HIV infection.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal