My 5 month old son has started having stools with jelly in, what could this be?

My 5 month old son has started having stools with jelly in, what could this be? If i give a bit of background info.. from a few weeks old my partner and I noticed his stomach swelled to one side. I was dismissed by all health officials one in particular telling me that babies tummies stick out to one side when they breathe. He was constantly constipated( even though the stool that came out was runny). I breastfed for 4 weeks, then went to cow&gate. I saw in my local supermarket cow&gate comfort so put him on that. Once on comfort the straining and constipation disappeared. Over christmas he had bronchitis , followed by a bronchial wheeze, which the health officials used as a reason for his bowel movements. His stool then turned to what I can only discribe as a can of semolina with a deep green dye sloshed in his nappy for 95% of the time and water with green fiborous bits in it. Desperate by this point I went back to GP. He has put him on SMA lactose free (prodded his tummy & no explanation) That was 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Since then we ve gone from constipation to the jelly stools, after every feed he is sick and is very pale. He is still quite alert but has slowed down on his weight gain, so much so it has been noticed that he has lost weight (at 4 months he was on the 98th centile. 7lb 8oz birth weight) Any thoughts, help or someone that s gone/going through the same thing would be much appreciated. Although this is son 4 I m being treated like a new over-reacting mother. Thank you for taking the time to read this. x
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011