Mucus with blood in throat, thick stringy discharge on coughing. Treatment options?

For the past 3 days I ve had bloody mucus coming from the top back of my throat . It happens all day long, it comes out as a thick string. When I cough part of it will come out and the mucus is thick enough I can pull it from the back of my tongue where it partially comes out when I cough, and pull it out with my hand . It s a really dark maroon color and it does taste like blood. I don t have a cough I just force them to get the mucus to come out when I feel it in the back of my throat.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013