Mucus collection in throat, itching. What is wrong?

I have a unique throat problem mucus collect on the throat , only when i take medication do I start to cough and it fell like there is mucus deep in the respiratory system i have to take a deep breath for me to remove the mucus. if i stay without medication only a itchy throat and mucus production continue what do u thich is wrong with me. it has been 13 year have tried everly thing the minute we have somebody visting us the will be in a similar sickness in no time
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, you seem to have an allergic component to the problem and please try to figure it out yourself the probable allergen. Avoiding that will help in a better resolution of the problem. Otherwise use of mucolytics, and nasal decongestants for a short course and steam inhalation regularly helps. Please consult an ENT for a complete ENT examination to rule out any focus of infection in the vicinity (Nose and PNS). Regards