1. any family history or history of connective tissue
2. mitral valve prolapse
is the commonest cause of mitral regurgitation
which over the period of time (4 in this case) leads to CHF, any signs of swelling in feet/legs and/or shortness of breath
3. You haven't mentioned about the cause/reason of the prolapse neither about any symptoms associated with mitral valve prolapse (till date) any symptoms of syncope,palpitations,dyspnea, numbness or tingling in hands and feet,anxiety??
4. treatment is directed towards preventing CHF and associated complaints:
. low salt diet, restriction of physical activity,fluid restriction, avoidance of caffeine and stimulants,relaxation and stress reduction techniques.
. regular echo cardiogram and consultation with doctor is recommended.
5. look/watch out for infective endocarditis
,CCF,Arrythmias, Pressure symptoms (difficulty in swallowing, hoarseness of voice) and recurrent respiratory tract infections.
6. Ayurveda Decoction Arjunarishta alongwith Amalaki Rasayan are ideal and suitable preaprations.