Misshaped rib, bad pain and stinging, cant take calcium due to allergy, surgical options ?

Hi, I have a misshaped rib and i get seriously bad pain in it and its as if it stings inside, and sometimes i cant breathe because of stabbing pains, I have been on the internet and seen it could be a few things but it is really big and gets in the way of my sleeping, wearing clothes etc. If it s to do with calcium i can not help myself because i dont like milk and most other things with calcium in it. I would really love to know if I would need surgery to sort it out, as I would do anything to get rid of it, it hurts that much.
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Hi welcome to HCMForum. first of all i would like to know you have consulted doctor,
for how long you have pain. i think it is Cervical rib. if it is that it should be operated.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon he will do the need full. other alternative
is chest or pleural infection. dont worry you will be fine.