Missed the vein while taking cocaine shot, got red bump, weird scar, numb feeling in arm. Cause?

Hello, I am worried because I shot up cocaine about two weeks ago and the first shot was good because I hit the vein . I then shot up the cotton to get what was left after, but I missed the vein and got a large red lump on my arm and got this wierd scar on it from the swelling . It went down the next day, but it is still on my arm 2 weeks later. I put some ice on it last night and this morning I woke up and there is a slight numb feeling in my arm. It s not painful but im worried. What do you think it is?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you are a cocaine user and have got a scar due to injection use. The scar is most probably due to needle injury. We would recommend you to get in touch with your Doctor and get it examined. We would also like you to know that intravenous injection of cocaine can lead to various deadly diseases like HIV, heart problems, infections etc. Therefore, you should try to give it up. If there are any other queries, feel free to get in touch with us. Hope this helps.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon