Missed periods. On candid CL. Ultrasound shows grade one fatty liver. Medication safe to use?

My Period date was 3rd May. But on June and July, I did not have periods. I got the check up from the Doctor. The Urine test was negative. After check up she asked me that there is some inspection in uterus and prescribed Candid CL. with other medicines and asked for ulterasound. As per ulterasound report, impression is bulky vertix and Grade I fatty infilteration of liver . I am using this medicine first time and scared of using this medicine.Please advise me why this medicine is prescribed and whether there will be any side effects
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Hi
The drug you are using is clotrimazole which is an anti fungal.
Fungal infection of genital tract is very commin among women in child bearing age group. This drug is comparatively safe without any serious adverse effects.

Grade 1 fatty liver also not a serious condition. This is a part of generalised increased fat. You should prevent progression of grade 1 to advanced grades as they are dangerous.
Treatment include weight reduction, regular exercise and low saturated fat diet.

Thank you