Migraine, knot in forehead after car accident. Reason for swelling during migraine attack?

i was in a bad car accident in 2011, where i went through a windshield. before accident i got migraines (from being hit by car when teenager) but now when i get one right above my forehead , i had a giant knot when i went through went shield and not its kinda indented in, swells up and when that happens i cant do anything nothing helps just to try to sleep. why is it swelling when i get a migraine is my question?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013