Migraine headache, light sensitive and nauseous, salt carving. Cure?

I had what appeared to be a severe migraine headache which began on Saturday. I took some over the counter migraine medicine that night and on Sunday the headache subsided some. By Sunday afternoon it was back full force. It is now Tuesday and the headache is not as bad but is I still have a dull pounding ache and am light sensitive and nauseous. Is it normal for a migraine to last this long? I also have a craving for salt. Before the migraine my legs had been aching for days.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012