Middle finger wont bend at the middle joint, bone sticking to it. What do i do?

my middle finger wont bend at the middle joint it was ok until i noticed a small sort of bone sticking up above the joint i messed about with it trying to push it down to see if it would move but it wouldent and now the joint is three to four times its normal size and is dark pink/red and throbs and looks poison...but the skin has not been scratched or broken.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Welcome at HCM.

It looks from your details that you had injured your finger.There may be soft tissue or ligament injury to your finger.At present you should do cold fomentation over it with help of a ice pack.Use a splint for relief.You may also have a good analgesic like advil.

Hope this will help you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Lohit K's  Response
Hi Thanks for using HCM.

With your history it looks like tendon or ligament tear during night. Colour change and swelling is due to internal bleeding.
Dont move the joint now, apply a bandage over it to prevent further bleeding and consult your orthopedician. You may have to take one Xray and if required surgery to correct it.

Hope I answered your question. Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit