Mid back pain, worsens after eating, cramping, shoulder tightness

I am 42 years old black male 6ft 5in tall 265 pds... I have pain mainly in my left side mid back right around my rib cage... it gets worse when I havent eaten and the pain also can be felt right around my hip area on the left side of my back...also I have cramping in my left side inner thigh and occasionally feel tightness in my shoulder and neck area left side
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012

I have studied your case.

back pain can be due to muscle strain or gall bladder disease or renal calculi.
You may need x ray and Ultrasonography.
And also check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Medication like methylcobalamine and analgesic will reduce pain.
You can do yoga exercises and focus on spine extension exercises.

You may consult physiotherapist for guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

If required you may need MRI spine.

Hope this helps. Wish you a speedy recovery.