Microscopic examination of the pus sample indicates minimal eosnophilic necrosis, poly morphs, deg en cells & few lymphoid cells

I have a swelling on my neck and had check up (pus was present in the aspiration ). Microscopic examinatio of the pus sample indicates minimal eosnophilic necrosis, polymorphs, degen cells & few lymphoid cells. cytological features are suspicious of cold abscess . The report advised biopsy if there is no response to AKT. Doctor advises surgery for removal of the swell and sampling for testing of pus for further testing. Please advise.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011