Metallic taste in mouth, swollen tongue, itching in genital area. Lichen planus?

my mother is suffering from two maladies--a problem in her mouth that ranges from a metallic or bitter taste to burning and a swollen feeling of the tongue (her dentist could not detect anything on her tongue) Also she has a terrible ittching in the genital area ( which a gynocologist diagnoes as lichen sclerosus etrophicus) My question is could these both be a form of lichen planus or lichen sclerosis? Can a person get this in both places at once? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012