Metallic smell in nose. Could this be caused by age? Could dietary changes cause this?

I feel like I smell metallic smell in my nose , feels like it may be a body smell I m emitting and am very conscious of it. My husband says he notices the same thing lately. Could this be caused by age, we are in our 50s. We try and smell each other when we feel like we are noticing the smell but we don t smell it on each other. Could dietary changes cause this? I have lost 15lbs and am about 95% vegan, my husband has cut his animal product consumption about 50%. Our oral and physical hygiene are impeccable as we are in the health care business. This is why we are concerned that others can smell what we smell.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Hi
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
you should be evaluated by ENT specialist for foriegn body in the nose and super added infections. I recommend to have a proper clinical examination
Hope it helps
Dr imran