Medium sized red bumps that pop up at random on body every summer around ankle and foot. Any ideas?

For the past 4 years or so, every time summer arrives, I get these medium sized red bumps that pop up at random on my body. They are mainly around the ankle and foot area, but they also appears on my arms and last night, 3 of them popped up on the back of my scalp . They were itching so bad that they woke me up. The only thing that relieves the itch are anti itch cremes and hot water. They normally last for about 3 to 4 days before they go away and when they do go away, they leave a dark spot in their place and that too eventually goes away. I cant ever get to a dermatologist in time because by the time I get there, the bumps are gone. I now have an appointment set for October 12th but by the time I get there, they will more than likely be gone. What could these bumps possibly be?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Hi.papular eruption over the ankles and knees which are itchy and present especially in summer months can be due to excessive heat which inturn causes sweating may be milaria profundus or simple papular can be cured by application of linical lotion over the lesions and use of antihistamine and vitamin c supplementation can cure it quickly.if no response apply flutivate ointment over the lesions