Medicine is making me feel really hot,even I dont have a fever

hi, i took a yellow liquid medicine as an expectorant to help me cough up mucus. its also a very strong pain killer and relaxant, it was my mothers for when she got out of surgery for her back. she gave it to me cause she said it would help with the mucus. it had a sweet flavor to it. it made me extremely dizzy and fuzzy when i took it, ive felt that way all day, have had nightmares when i try to sleep, feel numb. now im feeling very very hot, but when you touch me i dont have a fever. but i am extremely hot. ive been taking showers every few minutes to cool down. whats wrong with me, and what do i do?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Aug 2009
  Anonymous's Response
Is that yellow thing the only medicine that you are taking? Anyway stop taking it. If it is a medicine adverse effect it should go away within next 24 hours. have you taken your temperature with a thermometer?
yes i had a fever of 99.0. i took tylenol and it went away. i am also taking zolft, geodon, and a mild anxiety pill
  Anonymous's Response
Maybe the expectorant contains something that reacted poorly with your other pills and that's why your symptoms. This happens sometimes when you are on multiple medicines. Better not to take any new pill without consulting a doc if you are also taking other pills coz you never know how they will react with each other. Are you feeling any better now? Or still hot?