Masturbate more than once in a day. Will frequent masturbation cause decrease in semen quantity?

hi, this is a simple question, i am at the Masturbation and Self Control Measures for obvious reasons and Myth #3 says that The stock of semen in the body is limited. If you waste it by masturbating, you will soon run out of it. and this is stated false. now to be honest, I sometimes Masturbate more than once in a day ant each time the production of semen is less than the time before. is this normal? oh and I m 17 years old.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Jul 2012
hEY THEN rYAN,

To answer your query in a slightlydifferent mode, lets say i have known friends' of mine masturbating more than 2-3 times/day since we were your age & they are all fathers' of 2 or more kids today!

NO...masturbation does not effect the production or quality of semen.

The only exception to the rule would be when people have an azospermia (low to absent sperm count) & are facing primary infertility. We usually advice them from abstaining from sex 2 -3 days prior to ovulation to 'build' up the 'swimmers' but this is also mor psychological as a ploy than physiological. The difference is negligible.

Yes, the quantity produced may differ if one masturbates & then expects a full load in the next half hour or so. This is like anything in life. Things are always great when done in 'moderation'. The same analogy as in Eating one's food at a restuarant...different people have different levels of appetitie & satiety!!

Cheers & wish you a great sex life & masturbation, but please remember young man if you practice sex, do practice 'safe sex!"

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologsit & Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India
Sexologist Dr. Ambekar's  Response
Dear ryan.mangion you are right its myth that semen stock will run out of stock...... as your saliva in mouth is regularly or continuously secreted semen is also secreted in semen bag. as at times you feel increased salivary secretion and some times in your mouth you feel less saliva . this depends on your level of hydration etc. but it never stops or become less in normal conditions, same applies to semen. the quantity of of semen may be less in successive ejaculations but with times it gets maintained. intense orgasmic feeling will give more ejaculatory volume and just poor orgasm will give less ejaculation. you are quite young and semen production is optimum till 30"s. don't bother.