MRI shows thecal sac compression. Should I get surgery done?

I have done my MRI in feb 11 report is saying the left centro lateral disc protrusion at c6-7 level, compressing the thecal sac and the cord, encroaching the left neural foramen and indenting left exiting nerve root . Posterior disc protrusion at c5-6 level, compressing the thecal sac and indenting the anterior cord surface. Subtel hyperintense signal in cord at c6-7 level on T2W images, suggestive of edema/ ischemia . Please reply me, should I go for the surgery or it will cure by medicine.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012