MRI showed disc herniation in lumbar spine, have sciatica on leg, dent in quad causing occasional pain. Cause?

Hello. I recently hurt my back and had an MRI which showed that I have disc herniations in the lumbar spine . I also have sciatica running down my right leg. I ve been getting various chiro, acupuncture and physical therapy treatments and the pain is def less now. It s been about a month. I m very active daily and continue to be. What concerns me now is my right thigh. I have a dent in my quad that runs horizontally approx 3 in long. The dr think it will pass once my back completely heals. They think it might be atrophy. I ve never seen it before. It does hurt sometimes. What can be causing it? What kind of dr should I see for this?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012