MRI said mild ankle and inter-tarsal joint effusion noted. Continue driving and swimming?

I fell down from the staircase, and got an ankle sprain and inflammation on 18th of April 2012. I have been consulting with various Ortho doctors and taking different medications since then. I still have pain and mild swelling in the ankle joint even after 4 months. I have taken an MRI scan also, and only observation in the scan is Mild ankle and inter-tarsal joint effusion noted . Doctor has prescribed to take Ibrufen (400mg 3 times a day), along with Pentacid, and has suggested some ankle strengthening exercises. He has asked me to come after 30 days. But in spite of all these anti inflammatory medicines, i still have a nagging pain on my right foot ankle and because of which I am not able to concentrate on my work actively. Please suggest what could be an early way to treat this? Will this turn into a chronic pain in future? Can I ever do my routine treadmill walk/Jim & areobics exercise? Will an icepack treatment help for reducing the inflammation and pain, should i continue to keep icepack? Should i keep my legs in raised position or can i continue my work as usual? different people are giving different advice, hence I am confused? Can I continue driving and swimming?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  135 Awaiting Answer