MRI said disc nearly destroyed due to listhesis. What are modic changes?

I have had a recent MRI and I have not had a meeting with my Doctor yet, But I am wondering what this wording means. L5-S1 disc in nearly completely destroyed due to the listhesis? and there is a small bone hemangioma within the L1. I also wonder what modic changes are ? I have Type 1 and 3 endplate changes within the lower L5 and upper S1 and severe facet anthropathy. displaces par defects of L5 and severe narrowing of the neural foramina due to spondyloolisthesis.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012