MRI done to check VP shunt functioning. What does the report indicate?

Recently had an MRI done that was to check that my vp shunt is functioning correctly and not over shunting. My question is it says slit like lateral and third ventricle and I ve had others who have Chiari and hydrocephalus like myself say that is a sign of syphoning, is this true. Other question is it made a side note that it noticed on my thoracic MRI the my liver and spleen are prominent. What the he k does that mean? Does that mean like enlarged?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012