Thank you for your query.
1. The first condition that must be ruled out is Surfer's Ear (Ear Canal Exostosis
2. Due you have exposure to cold water or wind. Do you have diabetes or any other co-existing condition?
3. Typically, there are hard lumps in the ear canal which make it difficult to clean the ear canal.
4. Another important condition is keratosis
obturans. Get an Otomicroscopy done. You may also get an HRCT (High Resolution CT
) Scan of the Temporal Bones done to rule out a condition known as Fibrous Dysplasia
5,. Do you have any hearing loss? Get a PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram done).
6. You may share the reports of your examination and investigations for further advice.