Lump which swelled on jaw line, cause pain while movement. What is this ?

Hi, Around 5-6 hours ago i got a lump which swelled on my jaw line. It on an area were i have no tooth , at the back left side of my mouth. It s hard and slightly painful but not to bad at all really. if i move my jaw to the left it causes pain but not too much. what could this be. I also am due to fly out of my country in the next 48 hours.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanx for consulting at could be infected tooth, since ur telling back of the tooth it could be wisdom tooth, either ways do salt water gargle,and take a course of antibiotics and analgesics, so that u will have no difficulty inur journey, also do take a opine with a dentist as soon u land in ur country ..hope it helps,tc