Lump on upper thigh, scar tissue buildup. Would massaging it help?

About 6 months ago I strain my quad very badly, may have even partially torn it. I never went to the hospital and it healed by its self and causes no pain now. However, I now have a lump on my upper thigh where I injured it and I assume it is from scar tissue build up. My question is this. Is there a way to remove the lump because it is very noticeable and bothers me. Would massage or another method I am not aware of be able to fix this or am I stuck with a lump in my leg?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
The lump needs evaluation by a clinician by local physical examination.
The lump is likely to be an avulsed head of quadriceps muscle of the front thigh or it may be a torn muscle belly or an organized hematoma.
self treatment is not recommended because it will increase the deformity and may damage the muscle permanently.
Mostly such problems are corrected by repairing the torn or suturing the avulsed end back to the natural site.
Mostly the deformity is corrected fully with function restoration.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Wish you a good health.