Lump on thigh, no pain, tenderness when pushed. What can this be?

Male. 24. 5'11". 220 pounds. I have a lump on the outer side of my thigh. It is not big, maybe an inch or less in diameter, under the skin. I don't really think it is visible. I had it for a long time now, around 4 to 6 months that i can remember, maybe even longer. No pain, only gets slightly tender when pushing on it or massaging it a lot, but barely. But today I drove for 8 hours and it felt like a muscle pain and got tense and hard towards the end of the drive. Went away pretty quick after flexing it few times. It's been 3 hours since i last drove and it felt harder and more ball like, but i barely massaged it a little and it is back to normal, or not normal considering it's a lump. What can this be? Please help. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013